With Christmas just around the corner, I’m looking forward to a busy day with loads of loved ones all gathered in a warm house, talking and playing games and laughing late into the night. This is something I look forward to all year. You can take the gifts, the tree, the amazing food, even the assortment of delicious cookies and cakes and other treats–just lock me in a room with these people and I’ll be as happy as an elf on the day after Christmas.
But in these days leading up to the main event, I’m finding that being with just one person can feel just as warm and cozy as a house filled with family. It’s amazing how full our little home can feel with a toasty blanket, comfy pajamas, a hot drink, and just the two of us, laughing our butts off at something stupid. I’m so thankful for every moment we’re together. Even the little things are so sweet when he’s nearby.
This spiced white chocolate tea latte is a version of something I whipped up for us the other night. I love the combination of sweet, creamy milk and white chocolate with warm tea and toasty spices. It’s as perfect for a celebration with a big crowd as it is for a night in with your favorite person. Here’s hoping you have an amazing Christmas, no matter who you’ll be celebrating with.
- 3 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk (or whole, if you want a more decadent drink)
- 1 cup brewed strong black tea
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- Marshmallows or whipped cream, for topping
- Combine milk, white chocolate chips, tea, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger powder in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring, until chocolate chips are melted and milk is just simmering. (Do not let it come to a boil.) Remove from heat and pour into two mugs. Serve with whipped cream, marshmallows, and/or an extra dash of cinnamon.